Which 7 string pickup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which 7 string pickup?

I'm just using stock Washburn pickups. Not the greatest in the world lol. I like the idea of a 7 string X2N. Might have to look into it.
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Comment

I actually don't like the 707, just sounds kinda muddy to me. I like the Evo 7 alot. Clear and articulate for leads and provides sparkly cleans. Thats what I'd choose, but hey, your choice dude.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I just replaced the 707 in my 7-string Soloist with an EMG-81/7. A freakin' HUGE improvement! I found the 707 too bassy and with not enough 'lead voicing'--might work well for nu-metal, but the 81/7 is a lot better for death metal, which requires a sharper, brighter sound--and I've always found the 81 to be plenty versatile.

In terms of non-active pickups, I highly recommend either the Blaze Custom or the Duncan Distortion-7.

[/ QUOTE ]

7 string Soloist? When did you get that? Pics?
        Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

He's posted pics, right after he got it from Japan [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]. It's a one hum, white Jackson Stars neck-through. Pretty sweet too.
          ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Ah, so _he_ bought that. I'll search for pics...
            Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

The Evo7 is a great pickup, as is the ToneZone7. All of the Blaze pickups are great, too. Personally, I have a TZ7 in the bridge of my mahogany 7 and a pair of Bartolini 492C's with a Falbo preamp in my 7620. The Barts might not do death metal, though (they're awesome for everything else)
              Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

I would think a TZ in a mahogany guitar would be way too dark-sounding. But then, I'm an EMG-81 guy, which I know a lot of people think sounds like a dentist's drill or something... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I love the TZ7 in mahogany, but the 7 it's in is a short scale (24 3/4)anyway, so the TZ7 will be going in my Carvin 727 next week, and the shortscale will get tossed in the 'bay. The only reason I've kept the guitar as long as I did was the TZ7 in it. As for EMG's, yeah, love 'em or hate 'em! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                  Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Given that Carvins tend to be excessively bright sounding, I'll bet the TZ would do very well in the 727. What do you think of the 727? I've read good and bad. My past experience with 6-string Carvins has been mixed.

Comment

Working...
                    X