Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Original Floyd Rose Questions

[ QUOTE ]
    Both the R3 and R4 nuts translate to an 1"11/16 neck size, the difference is the R4 has a wider internal string spacing than the R3.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Isn't one supposed to be for a neck with binding and the other without?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      Both the R3 and R4 nuts translate to an 1"11/16 neck size, the difference is the R4 has a wider internal string spacing than the R3.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that's the main premise behind the wider spacing of the R4 along with varying neck widths among manufacturers.
      My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that's the main premise behind the wider spacing of the R4 along with varying neck widths among manufacturers.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can use whichever you want. Binding doesn't make a neck any wider than it's meant to be. I've found an R4 nut on my 750XL and on a Charvel Fusion. My Rhoads Pro has an R3.

I put an R4 on my Soloist, but it just felt weird, and then I discovered the R4 on the 750XL, which felt normal. All this time I'd thought it had an R3.

R3 is the most common you will find on 1"11/16 necks, though it seems some of the old school Import Charvels got the R4.

Comment

Working...
        X