Jackson necks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackson necks

Jackson and Ibanez both have a very strict neck policy..
    They will not sell a neck unless a damaged/defective one is turned into them...
    And they almosy always require the entire guitar
    as proof its all legit.
    There is a lot of policing the market to
    prevent clones from being made.
    Its not impossble but very difficult...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Jackson and Ibanez both have a very strict neck policy..
      They will not sell a neck unless a damaged/defective one is turned into them...
      And they almosy always require the entire guitar
      as proof its all legit.
      There is a lot of policing the market to
      prevent clones from being made.
      Its not impossble but very difficult...

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case is an upgrade possible? Let's say I have a DK2 w/bolt-on rock maple & rosewood fingerboard. I send in the neck/guitar, and ask to pay extra for a DK1 neck (bolt-on quartersawn maple w/ebony fingerboard)...is that an option, or is it straight replacement only?

Comment

^ i was wondering the same. i have a self-built rhoads (heavily modded jackson avenger rhoads body, jackson dk2 neck) and was wondering how much would cost me extra to replace it for a dk1 neck.....
        "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
        The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Nope, They will not upgrade a neck that they consider to be fine and repairable just because someone wants a better neck... Ive been down this road too many times trying to get necks for people.

Comment

Which means you can't break your current DK2 neck and send it back for a DK1 neck, either.

Jackson REALLY needs to ink a license deal with Warmoth to make Jackson-spec 24 fret necks, or better yet, have the Japanese shop make replacement necks that are woodburned/deep stamped on the back of the head or something to deter people from making clones, but still satisfy the starving parts market.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Which means you can't break your current DK2 neck and send it back for a DK1 neck, either.

[/ QUOTE ]

You caught me. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] That's exactly what I had in mind, if thats what it takes...

Comment

shame about this, i want a dk2 neck without buying a dk2l and cannibalising it

Comment

Working...
                X