Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is my tech nutz?

[ QUOTE ]
    I prefer the light top heavy bottoms. I use Dean Markley 10-52s on all my guitars, and tune D drop C. No issues whatsoever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto, but I use D'Addario strings instead.

Comment

11's at D/C will have about the same tension as 10's at E/Eb, BUT you may actually trip over the larger SIZE of the string itself, especially when you do pinch harmonics on the bass strings.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

My KV has a super thin neck. I use D'Addario 9's. We play standard D# with drop C#. I have no problems whatsoever. I did have to set the guitar up for this, but no problems at all. String tension is really good, but the low E in (C#) is a little noodley if I put too much tension on it.

Works fine in a band situation where my other guitarist uses 10s.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Thing that sucks is, even after 15 years playing, I still dont know what I want to use. Drop tuning, standard, string guage,.. its horrible. Seems like once I get used to something, I change it. So, I guess I'll just experiment until I achieve maximum comfortability [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
          www.myspace.com/madeaband
          www.garageband.com/artist/madea

Comment

I have been using Daddario 13-56 for atleast 10 years now tuned to B feels close to playing with 10's at E except the wound G string.hated it at first but now I wont play with any other strings
            www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

been using dr 11 gauge tuned to d now for a while, suits me fine..........

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Thing that sucks is, even after 15 years playing, I still dont know what I want to use. Drop tuning, standard, string guage,.. its horrible. Seems like once I get used to something, I change it. So, I guess I'll just experiment until I achieve maximum comfortability [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                That's not bad. Most changes in setup aren't "wrong", they're just different, and have tons of people who prefer things that way. You may just like a change of pace every so often. That's why people have more than one guitar...

Comment

Your tech is right, if the tension is too low the guitar will start going out of tune as soon as you play it and it will never set ups right.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is an easy fix for this, you just own a bunch of guitars setup differently. Solves your problem right there and helps out the guitar shops all in one easy step [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X