• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JT580LP

.....and dont say dont use the floyd, for those smart arses out there :P

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      what about the route length because of the screws coming out of the back of an ofr?

[/ QUOTE ]
      The route of the JT580LP will acommodate a OFR. I have heard several people say this. Also a temporary solution to your problem could be to block your floyd. Then it won't go out of tune.

Comment

What about a tremsetter?

I bought one of these 15 years ago but never used it. Now that I bought a DK2, I have a place to put it. Unfortunately, I think I lost the brackets and springholders. Dremel to the rescue!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          what about the route length because of the screws coming out of the back of an ofr?

[/ QUOTE ]
          The route of the JT580LP will acommodate a OFR. I have heard several people say this. Also a temporary solution to your problem could be to block your floyd. Then it won't go out of tune.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh, i dont wanna block it, cos i wanna use it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img], i might have to purchase an OFR then, but I was just afraid that it wouldn't fit, because obviously the jt580lp is lo profile and thus the screws which lock the string in the saddles do not stick out behind the jt580lp where as they do on the OFR

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I had a Jackson/Takeuchi JT580LP on my Jackson KE3 and abused it quite violently. I never had any problems with it. I made sure to lock both ends securely as well as stretching the strings at every string change.

Make sure your posts and knife edges aren't worn out. That might be a contributing factor.

[/ QUOTE ]

abused eh [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img] hahaha
            i've never had any problems with the JT580LP since i bought the KE3 from NOTP, but i agree with the advice given. maintenance is necessary to keep any floating system working properly.

Comment

It sounds like you aren't stretching your strings out enough...I have the same problems if i don't stretch the heck out of my strings. Even little whammy use will screw everything up if your strings aren't broken in a little.

Comment

well i've had em on like a week now, whammied to hell, so they should be stretched out agreed?

Comment

Working...
                X