Re: How would you fix this?

yes please.
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Ok, here's another pic I have access too atm.

Comment

Ok, I've got my story basically written, should I make one last plea to get a new neck before I post it?

Comment

Also, is it normal practice to glue frets in on custom guitars these days?

Comment

Make your plea, but post the details anyway. I'd love to read the story.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It's a tale of frustration mainly... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Genebaby...I have too many guitars to remember which ones had the truss nut area like yours, and I don't want to start taking them apart to find them! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

FYI, one of the many things I check/adjust on all my ebay purchased guitars is the nut location/centering. I find many that are shifted slightly to one side. As the thru holes in the neck for the rear mounted screws are larger diameter than the screws, there is usually some 'wiggle-room' for the screws, so the floyd nut can usually be shifted some. With the guitar fully strung up, I loosen the floyd screws about a turn, then with a piece of hard plastic and a hammer, I tap on the nut and 'bump' it over in the direction it needs to go. The string pressure on the nut usually holds it in place after the bumping, then when I'm happy with the centering of the nut, I tighten the screws back down. IF the nut wants to come back a little after you tap it, just tighten the mounting screws a little (which will help the nut to hold its place better after tapping), then tap the nut again to get it in the right spot. (NOTE: this works good with floyd nuts that are mounted with the thru neck screws. Doesn't work as well with floyd nuts that are secured by the wood screws from the top, as the angle on the screws forces the nut to follow the screw).

This technique could be the "15-second" fix your builder talked of. Once the nut is in the right spot and the screws tightened down, it will stay there for a long time and not give you any trouble.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  It's a tale of frustration mainly... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">Jeezzz vic, this really blows. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] This is a sad display of quality for a $4000 instrument and yes, you should have a replacement. A fix would not even be an option at this point and if they are trying to give you the run around and absolutely will not replace it, I'd definitely disclose the name of the builder and at least this way you're preventing others from being screwed.

</font>
                  Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

who's the builder.... who's the builder...who's the builder

com'on man, don't make me buy an issue of the National Enquirer.

Comment

Ok, the sad tale has been posted in the Guitars By Other Manufacturers section. This is really turning my stomach. I can't beleive I get to be the one who has so much trouble with Lee. I'm thousands of miles away, I don't need this, I trusted the workmanship and the professionalism of this guy due to many good words said on here.....

This emoticon doesn't do what I'm feeling about this justice.... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        MountainDog, what guitars feature this kind of truss rod/ nut arrangement that you have?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Bud Light HM Strat I sent to Jim Shine a while back had a nut arrangement like this. IIRC it was an R4 but milled out to make room for the bullet truss rod.
                        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

vic, yes, frets are glued in on many guitars. sorry to hear about this.

sully
                          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

That is sad to hear.. from what I read it was obvious you were really excited to have this guitar for life as your custom instrument.

Comment

Working...
                            X