JT6 problem: slightly tilted, won't stay in tune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JT6 problem: slightly tilted, won\'t stay in tu

better yet, throw away that piece of junk and replace it with a real floyd.... at least the baseplate and the posts.
    "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
    The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Yeah I was planning on changing it for a Schaller, a Kahler if I can find one or an OFR. But not before a while, I'm a student and I'm a little short on money [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I already think that this guitar is an amazing first guitar and I'm really happy with it. I'll drop it off to a guitar shop tomorrow and have the strings changed etc...

Comment

Alright, today I dropped it off at the guitar shop, I'll end up paying £57.5 for new strings, complete set up, repaired jack barrel, repaired floyd and fret levelling job. It'll be ready Monday [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Thanks for all the advise though.

Comment

Pott, if it's not too late, you should see if the tech will let you observe him & give you some pointers on making the basic adjustments. Alot of them will help you out if you ask. Just explain that you're new to trem equipped guitars. There are some good sites with pics & directions, but there's nothing better than seeing it firsthand. You really need to get a handle on at least the basics, especially changing strings. It will get pretty pricey if you have to keep taking it in!

Comment

I learnt about all there was to learn about this Floyd really... The second time I do intend to change the strings myself, I'm feeling ready for it. But there was so many things to do on it, and he didn't charge more so what the heck [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X