rosewood-izing ebony?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: rosewood-izing ebony?

while we are at it if ya wanna give your maple a nice carmelized color you can always soak in in cola overnight... be sure to save the cola to clean your chrome after your done
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Is this thread a joke???

Comment

why ...are you laughing?
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Interesting......
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            yellow for maple (dot with a pencil eraser while it's still wet to add birdseye, or swab with a Kleenex for flame).

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Very ingenious! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] How about quilt? Or spalted maple? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

keep making up weird stories like that, and you'll end up with "nosewood" (: (:
              "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
              The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                while we are at it if ya wanna give your maple a nice carmelized color you can always soak in in cola overnight... be sure to save the cola to clean your chrome after your done

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/acid.asp

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

dude you never watched mythbusters did you ..

Comment

No gots cable [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I hear it's a cool show though!
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I'd suggest "massaging" your ebony fretboard with a tenderizer mallet, to "open up" the grain for a more rosewood-like appearance. Hit it with a strong bleaching compound to strip most of the unwanted colour out of the fretboard, and then soak it overnight in a bathtub full of beetroot juice until you obtain desired colour.

Alternatively, you could try the extensive range of contact papers available in many different wood grains. Play a maple fretboard one week, a pau ferro the next. Take pictures of your guitar wearing different fretboards in different positions on and around your couch, photoshop them all together into one image, and fool people in online forums into believing that you have a much larger collection than they do.
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        why ...are you laughing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I am actually, the posts are funny.

Comment

Various teas work well as a natural wood dye if ya haven't tried it yet.

Comment

i was also thinking about matching the fretboard to the cherry burst. i read somewhere that you can use kool-aid powder as a dye, so i may get some cherry and orange and see what i come up with. i think that'd be wicked pissah!

suly
                            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                            Sully Guitars on Facebook
                            Sully Guitars on Google+
                            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] :notworthy: [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                Interesting......

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
                                Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Working...
                                X