Need Wood. White korina wood.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Wood. White korina wood.

Anyone have any good sources for luthier lumber supply? I need to locate 2 pieces of clean white korina. Clean enough to be cleared over at least on one side. I need 2 pieces - one at least 50x6x2 and another 60x6x2. I used woodfinder.com and found a couple leads, but nothing spectacular.

Re: Need Wood. White korina wood.

rockinger.com maybe?

Comment

sorry, meant rockler.com. The other one takes you to a German site, which oddly enough has guitar parts.

Comment

www.gilmerwood.com out of Oregon. "Limba" is the actual name of the wood, although I think they only have the darker "black Limba" (which IMO looks cooler).

And there´s nothing odd about Rockinger.com having guitar parts, as they´ve been doing this almost as long as Warmoth [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

50" and 60" long x 6" wide x 2" thick ?

What the hell are you using guitar woods to build furniture for? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I just do what I'm told [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              50" and 60" long x 6" wide x 2" thick ?

What the hell are you using guitar woods to build furniture for? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

As a luthier, buying more wood than I need for one body is usually cheaper than buying things on eBay and raping them [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

BTW, L: I think they´ll also do pieces small enough for single bodies, though. Just ask, theýre great to deal with. And they can usually get stuff that you can´t see online as well [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Just remembered: Warmoth may also cut you a blank on special order, I´ve heard of them doing it before. YMMV

*edit* (Just saw, he doesn´t NEED a single body...lol)

OOOPs, Now I see, Newc meant L. I thought he meant me. Sorry, Newc. Oh well, was funny anyways [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

There's lumber sold on Ebay in the "Guitar > Parts" section, I think. Anyone have opinions about those? I could buy some planks and get my buddy to build me a monstrosity of a cool handmade guitar... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Do you take your poo with one stab or two? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Check all these sites and you may find what you need. Scroll to the bottom of the page. Good luck!
                    http://www.projectguitar.com/ref/supply.htm

Chris
                    Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Working...
                    X