Duncan custom review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Duncan custom review

Yeah you all just convinced me to get one of these hehe... I only got the guitar today and even though the humbucker isn't totally worthless, it's still not great (jc 50 I guess... from Charvel model 4, Jackson pickups).

Also, is it normal that even though I started playing only like a month ago, I already want a new bridge, new electronics and new pickups for my 4 pretty darn badly? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

nah....guitars are like cars. You can buy a brand new flashy sports car-with all the high performance parts, but you might have more fun buying an old muscle car and learning how to modify it and improve it's performance on your own. YOu will have alot more fun with your guitar by experimenting with different pickups, string gauges, bridge adjustments, etc. And the great thing is, if you ever get stumped on something, you can come in here and get your answers in few minutes! Model 4's are great guitars to experiment with. There are alot of things you can do to upgrade them, and it is not like you are destroying a valuable vintage instrument. If you really screw something up, you can get almost any part you need on ebay or in here.

Comment

lmao I'm a fan of American muscle cars too, so you hit it right one (yeah I know I'm French, so what [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] )

Ducan Custom bridge, Duncan Hotrails on middle, Duncan Vintage Staggered on neck, a coil tap for the custom, an OFR or a Schaller FR (I wish I could get a pro but the JT6 is not recessed [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ) and I should be set [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Thing is, I have the money for it now, I just want to learn how to play and how to deal with my problems... but yeah. Kudos to you etaeniura for this thread, the custom corresponds pretty darn well to what I'm looking for hehe

Also, it's crazy what a battery change and a louder amp can do to a guitar... I love it when neighbours get pissed [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I think I just added the custom to my list of next pickups to put in my 4. Does it do metal well...? I like a fat heavy tone, Metallica/Megadeth like (yeah they aren't mainstream for nothing, I like their tones :P ) and I still can't chose between SD JB, SD Custom, SD Distorsion and DiMarzio Tonezone...

[/ QUOTE ]
          POTT, the custom does metal witrh ease through a hot amp.
          i like the custom best with a mesa but it works well for metal with many other amps like engl,bogner.
          you can use it with a jcm if you use a pedal in front [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Errr I have a 40 watts Peavey envoy [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] That Charvel is my first guitar hehe, I'm just learning and planning way ahead [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
            Actually I learnt that the custom won't fit in Poplar. I'll go for a JB or a Distorsion [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Thanks though...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Errr I have a 40 watts Peavey envoy [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] That Charvel is my first guitar hehe, I'm just learning and planning way ahead [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
              Actually I learnt that the custom won't fit in Poplar. I'll go for a JB or a Distorsion [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Thanks though...

[/ QUOTE ]
              well if it helps the custom has only a slightly lower output than a JB it still has enough though for metal even through a SS peavey amp [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
              If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

hehe thanks but I chose the JB or the distorsion already. I played the JB and I loved it both times (I played it both times with the amp I have [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] )The Custom simply won't fit Poplar I hear. The JB was advised by the all too powerful Seymour Duncan Tone Wizard *bows down to the almighty* so yeah... They're quite similar anyway. Furthermore many metalheads who don't go for the EMGs play JBs so... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] It's all good. I think I'll be more about classic rock anyway so the extra polyvalence will help.

Comment

Working...
                X