pickup alignment problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: pickup alignment problem

or just take a dremel and dig a bit inside the cavity so that the pickup's "shoulder" (that holds the screw) will move more towards the high E side....
    "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
    The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      or just take a dremel and dig a bit inside the cavity so that the pickup's "shoulder" (that holds the screw) will move more towards the high E side....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is exactly what I was thinking. And also relocating the pickup ring holes too. I just have to make sure not to move it over too much as to expose the pickup cavity on the other side. Whatever I do must be covered by the ring completely.

Comment

...but it was fine when you had a trem spaced pickup in there, right? or did i miss something. i dunno dude, a rule i go by is to mod the less expensive piece, which would be the pickup in this case. then again, if it was fine with a tremspaced pickup, there's your answer.
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

It was actually wrong with the trem spaced pickup too but it was much less noticeable as there was a much larger margin for error. The non trem spacing has basically amplified the problem. I just really like this pickup. Its a much older 2 wire job and I dont know if one of the newer ones would sound the same. It used to be in a strat with a floyd and I didnt have this problem. Its just annoying, ya know? You do a mod, all seems cool and then you see it looks out of wack, and its not your fault. Damm Koreans!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

ps. no offense to any koreans out there. The guitar just happened to be made in korea. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Being this anal about silly cosmetic issues is going to ruin the fun you could have actually PLAYING the axe. Surely you have more important things in your life to worry about.
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Yup, sure do, like deciding whether to buy a new amp or another guitar or fix my broken charvel, etc. Too much to worry about. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Being this anal about silly cosmetic issues is going to ruin the fun you could have actually PLAYING the axe. Surely you have more important things in your life to worry about.

[/ QUOTE ]
                in his case it is more than cosmetics. his high E string is so far off axis of the pole piece that it WILL not have the right volume when played [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                I dont know if he considers $40 a lot of money but i think i would just get a used $40 F-spaced dimarzio and have the right alignment and string balance [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Working...
                X