EVH Drop D tuner question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVH Drop D tuner question

I've been thinking about putting one of these on my GMW, but I've been told by several people that have tried them that you have to block the floyd so it won't pull up for this thing to really work correctly. Is this true? and if so what do you block the floyd with that is the right width? does someone make these blocks? My GMW is tuned to E Flat so is that block a different width than one for a guitar tuned to 440? [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Re: EVH Drop D tuner question

<font color="yellow">Tis true, the Floyd must be blocked for the D-Tuner to work properly.

As far as the block...people have glued together picks, coins, pieces of wood, milled metal...whatever.

As far as dimensions, I don't think there is a stand-fast rule...each guitar is different.

Hope that helped out a bit.

Sully has a good sticky thread on blocking trems and KevinM has a lot of info also. </font>

Comment

The only thing you have to worry about is that the block be the right width for the trem to sit level on the guitar.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Hey Nick. I've got two Wolfgangs with the D-tuna and it works. But the trems on them are flush with the body so they can't pull up. So to answer your questions - yes, they work but the trem either has to be flush w/the body or blocked. But I have no idea how to block one - sorry!
        Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Damn, people are fast here! When I started typing my response, no one had responded. By the time I finish and post it, two people have responded! Nothing to really add here, just an interesting observation.
          Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Eb is no issue - I use one on my Dinky in Eb all the time. As for blocking the trem - which you do have to do - get a nice hardwood shim the width of the trem block (maple works well) that you can sand/shape to fit between the trem and the front wall of the cavity, above the strings. It can take a little tweaking to get it right, but it's not that difficult. When you've got a good fit, glue it in place. (I use white Elmer's glue for this, as it will hold it firmly in place yet it can be removed fairly easily if needed.)

There was a good thread about it here a while back, IIRC...
            Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Working...
            X