Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this electronic diagram make sense to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does this electronic diagram make sense to you

Cool stuff. For the pickup selector, if you haven't already purchased the DPDT switch, you can use a SPST (single pole/double throw) switch instead.

Or just wire all the connections to one side - you're doing extra work with those jumpers across the poles.

Everytime I build an amp, I measure the components and place them on the chassis to make sure everything is going to fit. Here lately I've just started using bigger chassis so it's not such a problem to shoehorn stuff in. Oh, and I use adobe illustrator and I just have all my major components already drawn up, or can draw them in just a few minutes.

Pete

Comment

Re: Does this electronic diagram make sense to you

> Cool stuff. For the pickup selector, if you haven't already purchased the DPDT
      > switch, you can use a SPST (single pole/double throw) switch instead.

> Or just wire all the connections to one side - you're doing extra work with
      > those jumpers across the poles.

Not really, since the on/on/on configuration of this switch isn't symmetric..... let's say we number the pins like this:

1 4
      2 5
      3 6

then in the up and down positions, it behaves like a 2-position dpdt, ie. up == 2/3 and 5/6 shorted, down == 1/2 and 4/5 shorted.... but in the middle position, 1/2 and 5/6 are shorted.
      "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
      The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Working...
      X