EMG 89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EMG 89

I had a pair of 89s in my 750xl equipped with a 5 way switch for the single coil mode. Honestly, I preferred the single coil tone over the humbucker. I felt like the 89 was fairly sterile and not very lively. perhaps it just didn't respond to my playing style as well as some other passive pickups. However, the cleans when used as a single coil were some of the most crystal clear and sparkling I've ever heard.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      It does sound similar to an 85. Keep in mind the position of the pick ups makes a great deal of difference, for your neck pick up for example will sound fatter and warmer, while your bridge pick up will sound clearer and brighter. There is no chance of them sounding the same, so you won't have to worry about that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ehm ... I REALLY DO KNOW that part, mister! I had EMG 85 in neck position till I swapped.

[ QUOTE ]
      EMG also packs a pre-wired push pull pot with the EMG89, I'm assuming you know how the push/pull pot works (the name speaks for itself)

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that, too, but I wasn't asking about the switch ... You could read between the lines that I am going to buy a used pickup, so the push-pull pot is a bit optional at second hand trade, isn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Great that's the last time I try to help you again, what are you expecting from me really, if you want a question answered concretely you'll have to ask the question concretely, I'm not a higher power or anything so I don't know what goes around in your mind [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img].

Nor did I read anywhere in your first post you were gonna buy one second hand, even while reading between the lines [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]. For a guy who's trying to help you, even when not answering everything you want to know, you sure are arrogant. I'm sorry, I'm not looking for a fight but replies like that make me wonder whether you even want an answer or not. If you know the answer don't ask the question [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]

Comment

Was I at any point saying something stupid like "I have 85 in bridge, so if I put another 85 in the neck position, it will sound exactly the same"? I was only saying that I don't want to have two 85's in one guitar.

Plus, I wasn't blabbering about the push-pull or any kind of switch. All I wanted is to know if the splitting is regular (coils grounded) or there's a different trick.

And what for the help goes - as you wish, I really don't care.

Comment

Working...
        X