No announcement yet.

How would I wire my pickups to do this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How would I wire my pickups to do this?

I've got a 600x600 image of the schematic. Can someone direct me to a web host that will allow me to post the full size image for free?

Comment

Here's what I came up with:
      [image]http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/users/41b7aa59z7ee9cf8a/c2ee/__sr_/9c6e.jpg?ph4O7tBBUs6_3Q8E[/image]

Comment

Damn, it didn't work.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          Sounds like you may need a 5 way super switch. I'm not sure if a normal 5 way would do what you want. You could also try using push/pull potentiometers for the coil splitting. I don't wire pickups every day, so I don't know what would be soldered to what. Check the schematics section on Duncans site.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't want to go with push-pull pots. I've got one volume and one tone pot and I don't want to drill any more holes. I've looked at the Duncan schematics before and they don't have exactly what I'm looking for. I just looked at a 5-way super switch on Guitar Parts Resource and it looks like a definite possibility. Any comments on that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just got to looking at the push-pull pots and I think they could work. For some reason, I had it in my head that they only had a push-pull mechanism and not a turning mechanism. Sorry, I'm a newbie with electronics. Thanks for all the responses.

Comment

When you guys say "super switch", are you talking about the Stew Mac version??? Also, are super switches better than "standard" 5-way switches?

Comment

Mission accomplished!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I bought a double-push pot from GuitarPartsResource.com and used a diagram off of GuitarElectronics.com.

Thanks for the suggestion, jazzman. It works perfectly!!! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] When in single coil mode, I get a twangier sound with a little less volume than in humbucking mode.

Metal_Maniac, I was talking about a switch with 24 terminals rather than 8. You have a lot more options with it if you know how to wire it. Also, sorry for taking over a week to respond to your question.

I just looked on GuitarElectronics.com and realized they also had a diagram to do the same thing that used a super switch (24-terminal switch). [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Oh well, I guess one way is as easy to use as the other and the double-push pot takes up much less room.

Comment

Working...
              X