Who runs their EMG at 18 volts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: joel!

I use the EMG 81s at 18v, and I feel it is a worthy mod.

Not really more output by any noticeable difference, just more headroom, slightly more girth, and seems more defined.

Do it.

Comment

If running them at 18V gives more headroom, what about 32V? What about 64V? I'm thinking that if you can fit enough batteries in there you won't even need an amp. Just plug directly into the speaker cab. No?
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

EMGs are rated for 27V but they recommend 18V. If adding voltage increases clean, you can get an INSANE clean sound with 270V (thirty 9V batteries wired in series). [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

What kinds of batteries are YOU using to achieve 32V and 64V which are clearly NOT multiples of 9? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh hell, it was just a joke, I'm not good at math. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I just figured it out, I was using 8 volt batteries! You mean they aren't common??
            Beer is a terrible waste of brain cells....... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I have no idea about the 8V batteries actually. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Anything electrical related is beyond me. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X