What is a Dimarzio Super 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is a Dimarzio Super 3?

I've never understood being a pickup brand-wh0re. Every pickup I've tried, even within one company (EMG-81 vs EMG-85 for example), is so different from the next that I simply CANNOT be a brand-wh0re... unless APC is making me totally incredible pickups that I may not even look at anything else. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I doubt it though. The next guitar I get will definitely have dual EMG-89s in it for versatility's sake.

Comment

Well, my pups will have to back out of the fight since they're creme. I don't want my pickup gang to start a riot with any blacks. Maybe if they were zebras... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I've tried so many of Duncan's pickups, and the Distortions are flat out my favorites. I'm going to try a Full Shred neck with a Distortion bridge in my 750xl as soon as the Disto. comes in. The guy I got it from on ebay has been dragging his ass. The EMG 89s are in there right now, so you may not have that much time to wait, NOP. Of course, I tend to procrastinate a lot.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Well, my pups will have to back out of the fight since they're creme. I don't want my pickup gang to start a riot with any blacks. Maybe if they were zebras... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You trying to start a race war, Toe? Let's see if we can get any reds or yellows to join in.

Comment

No problem, feel free to drag your ass as well because I do not intend on getting my next guitar for a few months... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Gotta do my research in order to build a super-versatile Les Paul style Warmoth in the meantime... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

You mean an ESP Eclipse copy NOTP?....cuz that's basically what you'd end up with....LOL! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I've never done research on an ESP Eclipse before... how is it so different from a regular LP in terms of versatility? Basically what I want is a Les Paul shape fused with some of the basic functionality of a David Gilmour Strat (EMG-SPC and EMG-EXG controls) with dual EMG-89s splittable with the two separate volume knobs. Everything else will be typical Les Paul - maple cap on mahogany body or maybe just a solid mahogany body, mahogany neck, rosewood or ebony board, preferably MOP block inlays, carved top, twin pickups, four controls, hopefully a TonePros bridge and tail, etc. Haven't fully decided on everythign I want yet. But, if the ESP is cheaper, I might have to go that route... plus, it's got 24 frets from what I remember, which is a plus for me.

Comment

NOTP...the ESP Eclipse is basically a metal hot-rodded LP

Most are bolt on, although they make a setneck version. Funny though, the Custom version is bolt on, and what they call the "Standard" version is the setneck. But think "metalized".

Comment

To me, metalized usually implies "one trick pony". [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Sorry! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'll do some research. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Okay, on ESP's website, it says the Custom is neckthrough and the Standard is set-neck. I must be missing something. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

That's strange. I just saw 3 or 4 on ebay.
                      The CUSTOM version was bolt-on and there's a nice quilty-topped one in cherry SB that they are calling a "STANDARD" and that appears to be set neck or neckthru [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Those look REALLY beautiful and have captured my interest. We're really off topic right now so I'll make another thread in the Other Manufacturers section... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

That first one has an insane belly cut!

Comment

My LTD EC-300P is setneck. It's a very cool guitar with its stacked P-90s... plus metallic gold is such a cool color. Check out the belly cut, too. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I've never understood being a pickup brand-wh0re. Every pickup I've tried, even within one company (EMG-81 vs EMG-85 for example), is so different from the next that I simply CANNOT be a brand-wh0re... unless APC is making me totally incredible pickups that I may not even look at anything else. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I doubt it though. The next guitar I get will definitely have dual EMG-89s in it for versatility's sake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Every company I've tried so far makes pickups that suck in some guitars but are great in others. I've only found one or two pickups so far that don't work for me at all and that I just can't use.

Comment

Working...
                              X