Removing logo's from pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Removing logo\'s from pickups

<font color="yellow">Thanks for the replies...I tried the fingernail polish remover...nothing happened [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Then, instead of dragging out the buffer, I put a very small ammount of rubbing compound on a paper towel and rubbed it across the logo..it was gone in seconds [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

I then got a clean towel and buffed it out, you'd never know it had a logo on the pup [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

So, Sully...you are yet again the man, and thanks [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      <font color="yellow">I tried the fingernail polish remover...nothing happened [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

</font>

[/ QUOTE ] Hmmm...maybe they are using a different ink on the logos now. I did it on an old pickup and it worked fine. No matter, glad it worked out for you Sam.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

<font color="yellow">Thanks Scott

Yeah...it didn't make a dent on the logo for some reason [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

The pup was a newish Jazz so maybe they changed the logo [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Now I have to find another Custom to replace the one I stole from the Dinky [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Damn Chuckracer and Sully have me hooked on the Duncan Custom now [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

I used car wax and they came off with some rubbing and the pickups are really shiney now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
          I also use car wax (carnuba) on the body and neck, it makes it really slick.

Comment

Working...
          X