Floyd Rose springs popping out are driving me nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Floyd Rose springs popping out are driving me

The BC Rich Gotoh Floyd has small countersunk bolts & grooves that hold the springs angled end into the block.

Comment

Another little trick I tried on some older floyd rose trem blocks is I'd take a small piece of tooth pick and try to wedge it in while your putting the spring in. it's worked for me, but I suggest checking to see if the block is backwards, it's possible, It's also possible that from use the hole has been enlarged and the spring just won't stay in.

Another possible trick is to bend the end of the spring that goes into the block towards the windings of the srping, just bend it a little more than it is and that might work. It will be a bitch to try and put it into the block but it might work

Chris

Comment

....or just try another group of springs or swapping out the problematic spring one at a time. I suppose you could solder some fine wire around the angled end to give a little extra bite. It's sound logical advice to make sure you have everything installed correctly first before starting the process of troubleshooting and elimination.

Comment

Working...
        X