Original Floyd Rose???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Original Floyd Rose???

NOTP, my guitar is bretty new, I think the trem posts and knife edges aren't worn yet.
    Thanks for explaining me that sustain block thing, but how can I change it. I don't know how it is connected to the bridge (glue, screws)???.
    And damn, one of my saddle inserts is broken, where can I get it?
    Image:
    http://www.zone.ee/entz/insert.JPG

"There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

The only other possible thing that I can think of is that you haven't properly stretched the strings before locking the locknut. I had no problems with my own JT580LP on my import Jackson (same bridge as yours) but I do prefer the feel of the Original Floyd Rose.

As for your diagram, the drawing looks very nice! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I don't know what caused it to break though. I am not sure what materials the JT580LP is made out of but maybe it is not the same solid steel or brass or whatever the Original Floyd Rose is made out of. Hopefully someone can direct you to a place where you can buy the saddle locks... or maybe you could buy a new Original Floyd Rose and never have to deal with the import tremolo any more. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I am not too sure how to change the sustain block either because I have never tried it before, but from what I've read on this forum so far, it seems pretty easy, provided that the two blocks are 100% interchangeable. See that link I posted a couple of posts above to make sure. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I stretch the strings properly. I do it at least 2-3-4 hours.
        Maybe my action is too high ( I love high action 'cuz the tone is awsome). I put 9's on so let's see how it tunrs out.
        Anyway thanks a lot NOTP [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Weird. I've had 2 SL4s, which have the exact same Jackson licensed Floyd as the SL3, with zero tuning stability problems. What, exactly, is happening (e.g., "G" string goes out of tune, they all do, it happens when you pull up on the trem, or when you dive bomb, etc.)?

Comment

Yes, it (mostly the G string) goes out of tune when I'm wanking with whammy bar (dive bomb etc.) I can get it in tune when I bend the string. But I want that my guitar never goes out of tune. Reb Beach has a custom Suhr guitar with OFR, he sayd that his guitar could stay in tune half year, and he does some crazy things with whammy bar.

Comment

It stays in tune with 9's [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
              But 10's feels a lot better [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

Then it could be slipping at the nut, since the other strings are thicker. Most Jacksons are designed with 9s in mind, except for the Phil Collen, which is designed to handle 10s.
                This means that even the nut locks are designed to handle 9s, and will have trouble with 10s.
                However, the 580LP tremolo is a low-grade trem which is easily replaceable with an OFR. I recommend replacing the posts as well, since they are not as high-quality as the posts that come with an OFR (and besides that, when I replaced mine with an OFR but not the posts, I found the OFR wouldn't adjust downward enough due to the 580's posts being too tall, so I had to replace the posts as well).

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Would a Real FR Pro fit in that slot? I only ask this, because that is what the JT580LP mimics. Jack.

Comment

The original floyds will fit with no problem.... but there is a massive gap on the top side of the trem,a touch over 1/4" if memory serves me.

Lo-Pro will not fit without routing the top of the cavity.

I hated the appearance of the original floyd so bad I have a new Floyd sitting in a box with nothing to do.

I know it is not as good as a floyd... I ended up putting a TRS-LP on mine and it seems to work beautiful.

I am not a bar user. I just like the buttery feel of a floating trem.

Comment

Working...
                    X