Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I make my model 6 sound brighter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How can I make my model 6 sound brighter?

Highs won't make your guiitar cut through the mix. They'll just make it sound more cheezy and thin. If you want to be heard with any clarity use heavier gauge strings and a good amp/speakers with some mids. The model 6 has some decent stock pups and should be able to "cut thru" any mix. In other words, it doesn't sound to me like the guitar is your problem. You can tweak your rig all you want but until you play live with a bass and some drums you have no clue what it's going to sound like. Also, don't get too caught up with the "bedroom" sound (lots of reverb, highs, and lows) because the first time you play with a live drummer and bass you're gonna get buried.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

definately true, mids is where the guitar has its place in the mix. to be honest, a livesound with a lot of mids really sounds great, I was astonished when i did a gig and discovered this: turned up the mids and the total sound of the band was like "wow" really great

Harrald

Comment

I suggest switching to Halogen or Xenon bulbs.

Comment

...or taking a shower before you play. I've heard all that dead skin can dull a guitars sound up.

Try a Bill Lawrence xl500 series..this pup has good top end. Just make sure you do your research and verify it is a real Lawrence pickup and not the Stew Mac clone.

Comment

You could put in a EMG RPC ,it'll add 4k to the sound with a blend pot. 81 sound dull and compressed without it to me.

Comment

After I disconnected the other pickups, selectors and tone nob I didn't really play with it much, and I picked it up the other day and I was like holy **** this guitar kills. I also had the pickup to high (no idea why it wasn't brighter when it was higher up) but I lowered it a tad and it kills now. Thanx for all the suggestions though.

Comment

Working...
              X