Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Two new projects and a product disappointment

Probably about $20-30 around here......don't know about your area.-Lou
    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

I've always used vinyl tape for painting guitars. It bends, and is non-porus. It creases if you try and make too sharp of turns, but those bullseyes should be fine. It is a little more pricey than regular masking tape, having it come out right is worth the extra money. Plus it's one of those things once you buy it you find a million uses for it.

Comment

I believe graphic/paint supply houses have pinstripe masking tapes that bend around corners, yet hold up to the Poly and lacquer finishes.
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Rev Tim - It's a Warmoth pickguard that came with the body.

Thanks for the help again, fellers [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Now I can't decide if I wanna strip the top and start over or coat the whole thing black and lay down Neon Pink rings [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Newc, use the blue 3M tape. Cleanest lines around. If it's good enough for Arlen Ness it's good enough for us [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

is that a bullseye or the CBS logo [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

What you lack in painting acumen you more than make up for it with your forthrightnes. Nice description on your auction. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
                X