Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck paintwork friction

Hi,

I've bought a pro series soloist, (jackson pro series soloist sl3m rainbow crackle).

The neck is a bit sticky cos of the paintwork; what can I put on it to make it "free"?

I was thinking talc?

Dude it's from china. Wax on WWWWWWWWax off
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

im pretty sure the pro series is from indonesia.I am not sure what substance could make it non sticky. But i have seen tons of guitars that have had the back of the neck either satined or the whole paint taken off to bare wood. I would probably try satining it because that is reversible.

With satining i mean take fine sandpaper and make it non glossy.

https://www.musicradar.com/how-to/sand-a-guitar-neck
      Last edited by ed; 02-18-2023, 02:26 AM.

Comment

I've used green scotchbrite to take a glossy neck to matte. easier to use than sandpaper

but warning, this is non-reversible. and for neck-through, you should be careful to mask lines at the body and headstock to not scuff where you do not want

Comment

I have not played one of these to know if they are something different. But on most painted necks: just wax it. Use your polish.

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
            I've used green scotchbrite to take a glossy neck to matte. easier to use than sandpaper

but warning, this is non-reversible. and for neck-through, you should be careful to mask lines at the body and headstock to not scuff where you do not want
            I've used green Scotch-Brite pads a few times to knock a gloss neck down to satin, but they are not really a permanent solution. Anyone can easily buff the satin back out to gloss high gloss if wanted.

I've found that over time, after playing awhile, they will start to get back to being shiny and you'll need to hit it with the pad again.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Scotch Brite
              That's the stuff I am always talking about... but I usually call it Brillo or SOS, and then say "but I know that isn't what its called".
              I use that to clean dirty frets and fretboards. Sometimes on unpainted necks. It also works well to gently wipe filthy metal parts, like bridges.

Comment

Working...
              X