Wiring help on MIM Charvel San Dimas killswitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring help on MIM Charvel San Dimas killswitch

Hi guys, I’m new here but have been a visitor since probably dial up internet. You are all always knowledgeable and have assisted me for years without knowing so thank you for that. Anyway, I’m writing for some info on wiring and a general mess. I had a friend attempt to put a kill switch in where my tone knob is on a brand new Charvel San Dimas last night. Everything went to shit. I lost sound out of my bridge pickup and things were soldered and unsoldered and it’s all a general shit show now and I’m pissed but shame on me. Long story long, I never used any of that six pack of sound push pull shit anyway, but what would you guys do? What after market stuff would work if I was to say fuck it and pull it all out and have an EVH 500K volume pot, and an aftermarket 3 way pickup selector blade and the kill switch. Any insight will be greatly appreciated. I know you guys know.

Originally posted by Martel1723 View Post
    Hi guys, I’m new here but have been a visitor since probably dial up internet. You are all always knowledgeable and have assisted me for years without knowing so thank you for that. Anyway, I’m writing for some info on wiring and a general mess. I had a friend attempt to put a kill switch in where my tone knob is on a brand new Charvel San Dimas last night. Everything went to shit. I lost sound out of my bridge pickup and things were soldered and unsoldered and it’s all a general shit show now and I’m pissed but shame on me. Long story long, I never used any of that six pack of sound push pull shit anyway, but what would you guys do? What after market stuff would work if I was to say fuck it and pull it all out and have an EVH 500K volume pot, and an aftermarket 3 way pickup selector blade and the kill switch. Any insight will be greatly appreciated. I know you guys know.
    There's more than one kind of three way switch and more than one way to run it. Simple answer is pickups to three way input side, feed (output) to volume, volume out to jack. you can run the kill switch from ground out or positive out as in, to the input jack
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Thank you John!

Comment

The best option IMHO is to wire everything back as it was but tuck the tone pot into the cavity and from the output wiring take the hot and put the Killswitch in it's path. Hot out(from pot) to one side and to output jack and other (centerish lug) to ground
        Last edited by jdr94; 03-22-2022, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X