Replacement screws to fit Dunlop straplock buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement screws to fit Dunlop straplock buttons

OK, I never use the screws that come with them. WTF they supply screws so wide is beyond me. I took the original screws off one of my Jacksons, and was told by a DIY srore its 3.5 by 1 size. So, its a 1 inch long screw with 3.5mm width? Can someone please provide the correct info? A slightly wider screw will only go half way down, and I nearly killed my new Dinky by forcing the screws.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
    OK, I never use the screws that come with them. WTF they supply screws so wide is beyond me. I took the original screws off one of my Jacksons, and was told by a DIY srore its 3.5 by 1 size. So, its a 1 inch long screw with 3.5mm width? Can someone please provide the correct info? A slightly wider screw will only go half way down, and I nearly killed my new Dinky by forcing the screws.
    you know about DRILLs?
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

you know about DRILLs?
      I don't have the strength or space for that. I just got whacked with COVID too.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post

I don't have the strength or space for that. I just got whacked with COVID too.
        I'm sorry
        I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

After all that, I found some on ebay.... and they're 2.5, not 3.5.
          Last edited by wilkinsi; 12-26-2021, 04:27 PM.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

... And now I need a thicker screw, because I pinched one off this bass to fit another guitar. The hole is too wide, so all the screws I bought just fall out.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

I propose filling the hole partially. No drill or power tools required. I've done this procedure on a few guitars where the strap button screw hole was too big. Partially line the perimeter of the hole with pieces of wooden toothpicks and glue them in place using wood glue (I've used Elmer's white glue which technically isn't the right glue for the job but I found the bond to be strong enough for me so I left it alone). This will reduce the diameter of the hole. Use a knife to cut off any excess protruding from the hole. You will be able to use any strap button you want as long as the screw can "bite" into the wood/toothpicks of the newly reduced hole.

Comment

What about Gorilla glue? Last time I checked, it takes 15 minutes to set.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

If I wanted to stick with the Gorilla Glue brand, they make a dedicated wood glue for your consideration: https://www.gorillatough.com/product...lla-wood-glue/

Comment

So I finally got around to it..
                    I'll keep at it. Just soon works loose again. FFS.
                    Last edited by wilkinsi; 03-05-2022, 12:23 PM.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
                    X