Noob question on floyd rose.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob question on floyd rose.

Hey. Ive just bought a kv in slime green and its a neck through. Now having never had a neck through guitar before i woulld like to know how much neck flex is normal at the headstock when diving with the whammy bar also the neck.has a very distinct click wheni do the same. Truss issue or just settling. The guitar is only a couple of weeks old.

I have never had a guitar neck click when using a trem. I would not think you would see the head stock flex while doing so. Some thing fishy.

Comment

+1, I've never had any of my floyd rose equipped nor neck-thru guitars do any of that.

Comment

assuming we are talking about the same thing
        I have had it happen. I don't know the cause nor where the noise is actually coming from. I just thought I would put it out there since no one else did.

*on both bolt and thru
        Last edited by pianoguyy; 02-06-2021, 03:34 PM.

Comment

One thing I can think of is that maybe the floyd nut is not securely tightened to the neck. Suggest double checking the nut mounting screws for tightness.

Comment

^ Please check the above OP. I've had that happen and it will trick you at first because nothing will seem to be loose and the noise will seem to be coming from somewhere else. Not sure what to say about headstock flexing if I'm understanding you correctly.
            Database (WIP) https://mechas64castles.net/CharvelJackson.html
            My collection also there!

Comment

Originally posted by MountainDog View Post
              One thing I can think of is that maybe the floyd nut is not securely tightened to the neck. Suggest double checking the nut mounting screws for tightness.
              This. If the Floyd nut is a little loose, that can definitely happen. If the screws are slightly stripped and don't fully tighten, then you can drop some glue in the holes with tiny pieces of toothpick and you'll be good to go.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
              X