Kelly Custom - Fishman Fluence Pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly Custom - Fishman Fluence Pickups

I've been playing with an EMG-81 single humbucker in my Kelly Custom for 28 years. I play metal/Thrash through a Mesa RoadKing II with only an Ibanez Tube Screamer, MXR Carbon Copy and a BBE for effects.

Looking for a change, i put in a SD TB2 Parallel Axis Distortion pickup. It has a good lead tone but it does not chug well like the EMG-81 does.

I then discovered the Fishman Fluence Modern pickup and checked out a few demos. This pickup sounds pretty brutal but then again everything sounds good on Youtube

Does anyone have experience with the Flushman Fluence Modern pickup?

Thanks.
    [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

i've been wondering the same thing and would be interested in people's experiences, especially since esp and others have started using the fluences as stock equipment on many models

here's some videos that might be interesting https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...fluence+modern

Comment

I have not used the Fishman Moderns, but I do have Fishman Classics in a Charvel Satchel.

Initially, I thought I liked them. As time wore on, I really started to dislike the Fishmans. The way they drive the pre-amp does not do it for me. The tone IMO is thin. Been thinking of swapping out the Fishmans. Disappointed, I wanted to like them.

Comment

After hearing all the comparisons, I've decided to stick with the EMG-81's. Both pickups sound so much similar to each other but the price of the Fishman's does not justify swapping pickups for such a small difference in sound. Versatility goes with the Fishman since the pickups have 2 voicings. Fishmans are also a little more clear but i happen to like the little extra fuzz from the EMG-81.
        [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Working...
        X