Transporting tube amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transporting tube amp

Question for you guys, I've noticed when I move my tube amp from my place to a friend's place to jam 30 minutes away i often need to reseat my tubes because the amp doesn't sound right.

I'm not dropping my amp or driving like a maniac. I know it shouldn't be jostled much. Do you guys take your tubes out when you travel or just drive extremely carefully? It's a Blackstar HT-60. Feels good to be back 🤘🏻
    Last edited by Sharkfin; 06-02-2019, 09:31 AM.

I wish I could help, but I've never encountered this. Many years ago, I took my JCM900 head and then TSL 100 head to gigs hours away and just sat them in the backseat. The TSL needed reverb spring repair,,,could have been due to the bumps in the ride. These days, I haul my Soldano SLO head in a wooden case and my Hot Rod 25 head in a Tuki padded cover all over for gigs. My SLO has been my main amp since 2003....been hauled near and far for pretty regular gigging since 2007........never an issue. I guess all I can say is that I always ride the amps in the car/cab of truck with me and never in a trunk or back of a truck, and except for very rare circumstances, I am the only one who carries them in and out of a venue....careful not to bang them into something or drop them. Other than that, I really don't know what to say. I do let them sit quite a while after a gig before hauling them out.
    Last edited by lynchfan6; 06-02-2019, 09:48 AM.

Comment

never had issues taking my amps in the car or the van, loading/unloading the fuckers half drunk/half asleep. a good amp is not meant to be babied.

Comment

Working...
      X