Pickup ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pickup ?

I was thinking the same thing, Mark. It seems to me that if Rick unplugged all the crap, including the wireless (if you're not playing hockey sheds, you don't need a wireless), then he may be able to find his sound again.
    WAY too much stuff in line and in the loop.

Comment

I've been in and out of those phases before. I'll try all kinds of crap and then I'll find it sounds best straight. In a few weeks I'll hate that and try all the same crap again only to find out it sounds better straight again. It's like a constant loop. I'm never happy. Who's Mark?

Comment

The thing I try to do is keep everything the simplest. I've found that even when just playing into an amp, a single channel amp without all the upgraded fancy stuff or effects, sounds the best. I think that the less you throw into the signal chain, the better. KISS (Keep it simple stupid). Good luck!

Comment

"Jazzman - Who's Mark?"

Mark is mm2002 - the dude with the cool attitude that tells it like it is.

Comment

i'd put the super distortion back in. it has hardly any hights, just TONS of mids! and some bass.

~JW
            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Oh. I must have misread it. I thought he thought my name was Mark.

Comment

I've always liked the super distortion.

Comment

Well Dremland Rebel, in my case the SD had tons of highs and no mids, that's why I took it out. The Breed is exactly as you describe the SD.

Chuch, I've tried the wireless minus all the other crap and that isn't it either. It's a decent Sennheiser wireless , not some 300.00 piece of crap.

As for all the other stuff, like I said 90 percent of it is going into the loop and I unhooked everybit of that and it didn't make enough of a difference for me to tell.

I already unhooked the tuner and it make the biggest differnce. The other two things that go into the front of the amp are the tube screamer and the phase 90 thrue the loop switcher. As I need both of these things( I don't have anything I don't need ) The only option is to run them straight into the amp and by pass the switcher all together and I'm sure that since neither of them are tru by pass, it isn't going to sound much different.

Just curious, for you guys who think I have too much crap what would you get rid of ?, The Marshall clean channel sucks without the Chorus and BBE, since it is only has one set of controls for the whole amp. the GE7 also goes to the clean channel cause when you set the EQ to get a decent distorted sound the clean channel again sounds like crap!

The Dsl is only a two channel amp so the tube screamer is need for the crunch type stuff I do. Everyone needs Delay at one point or another. The other crap is in the switcher and is only on when needed, so it is being bypassed when it doesn't need to be there.
                  Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

Sometimes you need the toys to get the sounds you want when using one amp. Now if you get a switcher to switch between different heads, You can have what you need (I'm just kidding. I think someone makes those though) Mabey check out that Randall RM100. I mentioned it to someone earlier. I almost bought one, but I came across a good deal on an SLO before I had the chance to.

Comment

Lose the wireless, the tuner, the BBE, the GE7 and the chorus.

My expirence with wireless was until I hit an X-Wire (at $1000), they all suck tone bad. I've played some good sized stages and always used a cord with no problems.

In reality, you don't "need" any of this stuff.

Comment

Chuck,

My world is far from Reality [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] And if any of you have seen my other thread by now, your right I don't need any of this stuff or the amp or the cab or the three guitars [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

My band days and tone search have come to a crashing end, and I'll probabaly go back to a solid state combo like I had before I got out and playing [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I must say though Chuck that you are probabably right about the wireless, but I NEVER could stand a cord hitting me in the leg or getting twisted all up. It's probabaly just a mind game thing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                        Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

> How many fancy guitar gizmos can you buy for the price of a decent amp? Just curious.

technically the pa-2 IS an amp [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

> My expirence with wireless was until I hit an X-Wire (at $1000), they all suck tone bad.

haha .... you're gonna pick up cell phone conversations with that sh¦t (: or change channels on your neighbour's tv [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                          The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Working...
                          X