Ok How do I keep my Kahler in tune?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ok How do I keep my Kahler in tune?

Well I got a new lock nut from Axeparts in the mail today, so I'm hoping this will help, the strings are slipping a little, so it looks like the lock nut is grooved.
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Also, try soldering your ball ends on your plain strings, or using a set of reinforced strings. The wrappings tend to stretch on strings on khalers. I user Ernie Ball Reinforced strings, but D'Addario makes the same kind of thing. Basically, the wrappings are overwrapped with some bronze wire. Helps stop string breakage as well.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Also, a simple thing; make sure your pivot surfaces and rollers are lubed. I uses TriFlow or Breakfree CLP. Works wonders.
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Thanks guys, I will look at some of these things. I already use reinforced strings (GHS Boomer Tremelo) but I will check into the nut and rollers. So there is hope, right? If a Kahler is set-up right, it can stay in tune? It's been a loooong time since I bothered with the trem on my Model 6 but I would like to have that options again [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
          Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

John, I just checked UPS.com and It's out for delivery so you'll definitely get it today. email me when you get it. I used to have a model six and I changed the locknut to a floyd lock nut and it worked wonders, ($25.00 for one). If you really like your mod 6 I'd try that. I would do that to my bengal as well but I'm trying to keep it unmodded, so I'm going to try a new Kahler nut and see if it helps.

Comment

how do the boomer Tremelos feel compared to regular boomers, maybe I need these on my kahlered axe as well?

Comment

Don't worry, I'm tracking it online - can't wait to get that Snakeskin! Maybe I'll try a Floyd nut if nothing else works, good to know. If you use regular Boomers, try the tremelo ones. They feel the same but have the extra winding where the string runs over the bridge.
                Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Working...
                X