• Show
Clear All

Re: WD Music TS-1 Tremolo Stabiliser didn\'t work

Thanks for the info, Ricey.
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I have used a WD in a 3DR for years. Basic pushrod device.. it increases trem tension slightly and in theory keeps the springs from overreturn and going sharp once you adjust it to a preferred stop position. It works 'ok' but has limitations and drawbacks. If you have a trem that is going out of tune..it probably will still go out of tune depending on how heavy of use it is getting.
      I only used one on the treble side on my JT6 and it still would pull sharp on some strings from heavy dives on occasion, but it did stabilize the trem better than stock and it goes out less than it did before. Since I like to shimmy chords and notes with the bar sometimes, I prefer not to block and a hipshot doesn't allow upward travel on the trem, so it is basically much like a block. The stabilizer tends to do as the name says.. stabilizes the spring, so it just enhances the springs characteristics. It gives a slightly stiffer feel overall. Maybe two would help better than just one.

Comment

stabiliser

I've had the Stabiliser on two guitars now for several years. It is a MOTHERBASTARD to install but once you get it in there it works pretty well. I think Quicksilver may have done something wrong???If you don't make the think long enough it will not work right. You can also pull notes sharp with the trem. That's why the new screw comes in the kit. If you look at it it doesn,t have threads all the way up so the spring hook thing can slide up the shaft when pulling sharp. Is it worth $25 HELL NO but it works OK. I have the other guitars blocked from pulling sharp and I like that a lot better.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I prefer not to block and a hipshot doesn't allow upward travel on the trem, so it is basically much like a block.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're referring to the Hipshot Tremsetter - they will allow for upward travel.Quite a lot, actually. I have installed several Tremsetters.
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

yes, I am referring to it..it's been awhile since I installed one but I seem to recall you set it to stop it would block uptravel, but obviously, I am mistaken if you have done this.

Comment

Working...
            X