OFR locknut is too high....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OFR locknut is too high....

My brother had a metal axle custom made for a project at a place near where i live, i'll probably take both nuts ([img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])there tomorrow and ask them to trim the OFR one down to match the jackson one.
    "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
    The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Tell me again cause I'm daft...what is so much better about the OFR nut that you have to mod it to replace the Jackson one?

Comment

Tell me again cause I'm daft, what does daft mean?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          No, they only weigh about 1 1/4 tons.
          JK bro, I hear what your saying. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
          I dunno, I picked up the mill, then I picked up my buddy's girlfriend. She was slightly heavier, that's where I came up with a ton and a half. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

chuck: i don't have the original locknut, or else i would be using it. The ofr one came with my ofr trem, so i have this one.

\Daft\ (d[.a]ft), adj. Informal or slang term for mentally irregular. Syn. stupid; foolish; idiotic; also, delirious; insane.

hehehhehehehhe (:
            "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]

Comment

Problem solved

Problem solved.

Yesterday i brought the nut along with another one of the right size to that place i mentioned where they work/build metal parts, and asked them to match the OFR (chrome, too high) one to the Jackson (black, correct size) one. It cost me $10 canadian (that's about $1.45 u.s. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) and now it works perfectly.

Comment

Working...
              X