Tremsetter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tremsetter

If you like ghost bends, that cool harmonic dive bomb when you double stop bend (one of Lynch's trademarks), warbles, flutters and other weird Floyd induced noises DON'T install a Tremsetter. The positives regarding alternate tuning stability, stability during double stop bends are all true with the tremsetter. I think the choice is actually simple.
    DON'T install a Tremsetter on a vintage rare guitar. The modification doesn't matter when you own it but it will when you sell it.
    DO install a Tremsetter if you don't like the feel of a locking trem and are more of a hardtail type of player.
    To me... a Tremsetter kills all the coolness of a double locking trem.

Comment

I thought you could also install it with a fulcrum/v-trem style bridge as well and it's supposed to help the stability. At least that was the impression I got from reading about it besides the benefits to a double locking trem.

Comment

Fantastic review, Jackson1. I agree 100%.

I have a TremSetter in my SL4, and I love it. I especially love being able to tune to Drop D without messing anything up (or having to install a D-Tuna), and escaping the tune/retune/retune process of stabilizing my trem with a new set of strings. Installation/setup did look difficult, so I had it done. Since I don't live near my (former) guitar tech anymore, I just got a WD Trem Stabilizer for my SL2H, which I plan to install myself. Its installation looks simpler, with no holes to drill. Just hope it works as well as the TremSetter. I'll let you know how it works out.

P.S. Incidentally, I don't feel any bump stop point on mine. Feels great. Totally smooth.

Comment

quicksilver, yes please let us know how the WD turns out. Gotta keep an open mind and i'm very interested in your comments on that one compared to the Tremsetter.

Interesting that you don't feel any bump. Do you suffer from numb arms or something? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Seriously, have you set the buck spring very loose?
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

> I didn't check that because there would be no reason to install
            > it in the first place then.

its the other way around: the point of doing this (setting it to zero effect) is to "disable" the tremsetter without removing it from the guitar.
            "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
            The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Well, I ordered one and it should be here in a week or so....so I guess I'll find out first hand how it is.

Comment

Okay, so where other than Stew-Mac can you order these babies for cheapo? Ya knew this question was coming. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

This is the guy i bought from twice. Very friendly and it's the guy who has the link to JCF and my review, which btw. doesn't work anymore [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
                  Henrik

Comment

Perhaps you should copy and paste your topic contents into a Word document and send it to him so people can actually READ the review. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Or i can host it on my server.
                      "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]

Comment

The guy runs a business and i'm not associated with him. I bought 4 Tremsetters from him in the past and we had a conversation regarding setting me up as a european/nordic distributor, but that's about it. I don't think we need to go out of our ways to support his eBay auctions by hosting any reviews or telling him that the link is dead. He'll probably find that out himself and make it work.

I only posted the link to his auction for letting you know that i had a couple of good deals on the Tremsetter with him and so could you. He's a good fellow.
                        Henrik

Comment

done. http://razorback.ca/tremsetter

i really like that review, and i'm proud to host it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey, maybe you could write up a How-To-Avoid-Spam guide in return [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
                            Henrik

Comment

avoid?

hehehe i don't avoid spam, i hunt down and kill spammers [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

www.spamcop.net
                              www.cauce.org
                              www.icauce.org
                              www.spamhaus.org

the result of our work:

For many months Spamhaus has been working with teams from Law Enforcement Agencies in the United States and United Kingdom helping put together cases against the known spammers. We are very pleased to see arrests of spammers by the FTC now taking place, and look forward to the many more arrests we know are on the way.

when we finally get alan ralsky & friends behind bars im gonna be really happy.

oh - and feel free to forward any junk mail you get to [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X