Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 - 9V Batteries in Jackson Electronics ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2 - 9V Batteries in Jackson Electronics ???

[ QUOTE ]
    That's the J1000 active gain boost with Peak Select (DIP switches). The J1500 Mid-Boost/Sweep didn't have those, just a Gain Trim pot on the board (not the main pot, but a smaller box-like pot).
    The J1200 was the mid boost mostly found on Fusions, and came in two configurations: one with an on/off switch and one with just 2 knobs.

Newc

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool,..Thanks for the info!
    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

SD - The mini-toggle is to turn the unit on and off, not to split the coils (look for the pickup "tap" wires taped together, probably taped to the main pickup sheath).

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yep, your right Newc. Man that's a hell of a boost! Thanks.

Comment

I just installed a JE-1000 into my strat, and I find there's not a lot of boost, but a fair amount of added gain-noise. I'm only running one battery, should I add a second one? the diagram only indicates one necessary. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

I saw a 88 ontario RR with 2 jackson humbuckers, front loaded controls,but there were two batteries in the cavity on the back.I wish I hadn't been such a tightwad and bought it.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Pinto - see the square blue pot with the round white center?

Crank that - if you don't have a ton of output then something is wrong.
              750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
              Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

I have a Dinky from, I believe, 88 or 89 with 2 9v batteries. It is hum/single config.

Comment

Working...
                X