Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wall hangers: Friend or Foe?

[ QUOTE ]
    i got 3 guitars hanging on the wall, and recently my cat knocked down one of them and scrapped the fckn neck. body was ok, but i had to re-do the wing tips, and fix up a few other dents/dings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the cat still breathing?
    "POOP"

Comment

I have wall hangers ready to use but I get used to keep my guitars in thier cases while I am not using them and also I hate dust [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Has anyone had problems with the holders discoloring the neck/headstock area?
        Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Ah, that's another thing! I had a Hamer Explorer's finish get all bubbled up around the head stock and from where it was sitting against the rubber on a guitar stand.

Comment

you could always make a display [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

I'm curious, what do you guys do with the cases and such? I keep my guitars in their cases lying down to prevent dust and to act as a buffer to humidity and other changing conditions, and also to preserve string life since I am one of the laziest people around and only change strings when I absolutely have to. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Unless I'm going to be playing a particular guitar again fairly soon, I always keep my guitars in their cases, for just the reasons that you mention - protection against humidity fluctuations and to help keep the dust from accumulating. Plus, with two cats running around the apartment, I'm a little reluctant to leave a guitar where they might accidentally bump into it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

I use String Swings at our practice place for my 3 RR-1's and have had no problems with them. They save alot of floor space. Nice display Moshwitz!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Ah, that's another thing! I had a Hamer Explorer's finish get all bubbled up around the head stock and from where it was sitting against the rubber on a guitar stand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe (and I may be wrong here) but Hamers have a nitrocellulose lacquer finish. Nitro will react with rubber or vinyl and bubble the finish.

Nitro is also said to let the wood breath and not seal it up like poly does. The idea is that nitro results in better tone.

Comment

I hang mine on hangers I got at Home Depot. The first thing I did was find all the studs in my wall, then mounted a 2X4 using lag bolts into the studs. From there I could space the wall hangers as I pleased. I have six guitars hanging right now. My previous attempt ended up dropping my 1967 Epiphone, so that wasn't cool. Just a few dings though, no serious damage. My new Home Depot hangers haven't dropped a guitar yet, and they've been up there for maybe a year. I always case them up and put them in the closet before going on tour though. I also unplug everything in my room to prevent fire hazards.

Comment

Working...
                      X