Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mega switch or extra pickup?

[ QUOTE ]
    I have one in my Fusion Plus. It was wired from the factory to give you a choice of bridge bucker, inner coils, both humbuckers, outers coils, and neck bucker (probably not in that order!) It's a versatile setup.

Although, you can wire it to give you different selections, depending on what you want. Toejam's Fender is wired up similar to my Jackson, but in one of the positions just gives you a single coil in the neck position.

I think Ibanez wire them up differently again.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yep, my Fender Double Fat Strat has the super five-way switch. It's full humbucker in position 1, the two inner coils in position 2 (the way John Petrucci has his guitars wired for the middle position), position 2 is both humbuckers, position 4 is the top coil of the neck, position 5 is the full neck humbucker.

When I had my Ibanez 7-string, I think the 2 & 4 positions were parallel wiring instead of the normal series wiring of standard humbuckers.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      It's full humbucker in position 1, the two inner coils in position 2 (the way John Petrucci has his guitars wired for the middle position), position 2 is both humbuckers, position 4 is the top coil of the neck, position 5 is the full neck humbucker.

[/ QUOTE ]
      mmm versatile! so what do you have in position 3? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      Hail yesterday

Comment

*High fives VitaminG* Wow, that's great how position 2 does both the two inner coils as well as both humbuckers... what's that, SIX coils simultaneously in use? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/jackass] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          It's full humbucker in position 1, the two inner coils in position 2 (the way John Petrucci has his guitars wired for the middle position), position 2 is both humbuckers, position 4 is the top coil of the neck, position 5 is the full neck humbucker.

[/ QUOTE ]
          mmm versatile! so what do you have in position 3? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
          D'OH! Stupid typo. [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img] Position 3 is both humbuckers. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Nigel's 8 SC guitar is an ERnie Ball right? with the dashboard gauges and stuff? silly, but definitely different. I remember seeing the Marshall/Jackson guitar on a mag cover-that guitar is the bomb! Still got the old tagger on it....

Comment

A picture of that would bring much joy.
                Henrik
                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

this one?

Hail yesterday

Comment

I just found this on the Ernie Ball site. According to the specs, it's 4 humbuckers, not 8 single coils. here 'tis
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

This is probably a stupid question, but is this only for a blade-type switch? Do they make a Mega Switch version for a Les Paul-style toggle?

Comment

Better pic:

Comment

Whoops - sorry VG!

Comment

Working...
                          X