Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Major Mod Questions

[ QUOTE ]
    But if this guitar is all that then keep it original. Do the custom shop order. No matter how great you think the rebuild is it'll be worth next to nothing after the mod.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, because stratheads still aren't allowed on custom shop orders. :Poke:

And resale is not an issue here.

Comment

heh....my only question is: can i have the vtrem when you cast it aside?

go for it, i say.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

OK What kind of guitar are you talking about a Charvel 1 H with a V trem that 20+years old? I've seen the same kind of thing happen I own a 63 firebird III that some one modded in the late 70s early 80s. They thought that putting 3H & a kahler on a custom color firebird would be no big deal. When he went to sell it he could only get 10% what it would worth if he just left it alone. We only are the care taker & users of these instruments for a curtain amount of time let preserve what we Love so other can in joy the Magic of these speical instruments when we past them on.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I'm curious if you can add a shelf to the end of the neck to accomodate a floyd nut?? I'm sure you can, but has anyone ever see it done?

[/ QUOTE ]
          I'm interested in this too; anyone have any pics of this?

(I have a soloist with a behind-the-nut kahler style lock and the nut is too low; since it needs shimming anyway, I'm looking into the possibility of just replacing it with a floyd nut since I prefer those anyway. It kinda looks like there may not be room as it is though., I'll try to take some pics and explain what I mean by that)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            heh....my only question is: can i have the vtrem when you cast it aside?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe. Have you done this kind of work before, Sully? ...Maybe the trem could be partial payment towards you doing the mods and refin? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Seriously, I haven't definitely decided to do this. ...But if you might be interested, shoot me a note. I'll decide, say, sometime after NAMM. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

And - again folks - this is NOT a vintage instrument we're talking about. I would not do that, so the guilt trips do not apply. ...Well, maybe twenty years from now they might. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

i could do it for ya, but not if you need it done anytime soon. you may wanna talk to kev easton; he's got an ultimate set of tools. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

sully
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Define "soon", please. A few weeks? A couple of months? Not a big deal, then. I'm in no rush.

Comment

Working...
                X