different sustainer for pc1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• different sustainer for pc1

hi.if sustainer becomes faulty in pc1 can you wire a different sustainer ?,i dont think you can buy the stock sustainer,will a different sustainer work ?

Yes, but not without some surgery to the guitar. There is no direct swap.
    I assume it's no longer under warranty.

Question though.
    What issues are you having with it?
    These things are notorious for the leads breaking off on the battery box. A solder job fixes that.
    Another fix is simply disconnecting all the plug in leads on the main board and reconnecting them.
    -Rick

Comment

im not sure if the sustainer has a issue yet bud,i took it to a very good guitar tech today,he going wire it up.i bought the guitar sustainer was swapped out for a single coil,but sustainer came with guitar and seller is adimant sustainer works.the tech looked at sustainer and says all looks good,no doggey soldering or cowboy been at it,so we wait n see what he comes back with.

Comment

Yeah... swapping out the sustainer driver for a standard single coil disables the sustainer.
        The Driver needs to be reinstalled and hope whoever did it did not trash the harness.

I have a full wiring diagram I can email you if needed.
        -Rick

Comment

i got exact wired diagram jackson sent me but thanks anyways mate,theres a one knocking about internet thats been drawn with a pencil but it aint much cop.

Comment

Yeah.. that pencil sketch is close, but not very good.
            I think I have the same one you do... official PDF from Jackson.
            -Rick

Comment

Working...
            X