Truss rod and FR bridge adjusting guidance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright, so update here.
    Firstly thanks for the info regarding the truss rod adjustment abd bridge setup.

So last night I popped the springs off the bridge and gave the truss rod another 1/8th turn counter clockwise but as I was turning it the nut seemed to "loosen" in the sense that I could have continued to remove it by hand... is that normal?

I re attached the springs afterwards turned it back to Drop D and let it sit for ~2hours.

I started playing and the buzz does seem less prominent now but I still have some.
    The 1st to 4th fret are essentially noiseless, I get a bit of buzz on 5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 then it clears up more as I work my way to the 24th with the 18th to 24th having little to none.

Also when looking at the strings, with the guitar tuned, I have maybe .6mm of clearance one the first 4 frets then the clearance gradually increases to probably 1.5mm on the last 4 frets over double the string height.

I feel like if I lower the bridge to match the height near the pickups the buzz would get worse again no?

Right now the bridge is sitting a hair above the body and 100% flat.

Comment

You're supposed to adjust the truss rod while it's tuned to pitch. No need to loosen the strings or pull springs.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Ah ok, so would that be why the adjustment nut felt looser/easier to turn then usual?

Last few times I did it prior to this time I had left everything in tune and taught.

Comment

Working...
        X