Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help!! I broke a screw off in my guitar!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one of my guitars, i bought used, came with a Stone tone block
    https://www.stonetoneproducts.com/pages/frontpage

Mass has less to do with tone, but the type of mass. As stated above, it takes more energy to move a brass block, effectively an energy soak, ergo reducing sustain.
    A better type of material is Granite, has crystalline atomic structure which is ideal for sonic transference.

I know for a fact its better than a brass block because, when I plugged in that guitar, my wife yelled "turn that shit down".
    Wife's ears are effectively a spectrum analyzer, and if she says it sounds like shit, it really sounds crazy awesome
    Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by LaoWai View Post
      one of my guitars, i bought used, came with a Stone tone block
      https://www.stonetoneproducts.com/pages/frontpage

Mass has less to do with tone, but the type of mass. As stated above, it takes more energy to move a brass block, effectively an energy soak, ergo reducing sustain.
      A better type of material is Granite, has crystalline atomic structure which is ideal for sonic transference.

I know for a fact its better than a brass block because, when I plugged in that guitar, my wife yelled "turn that shit down".
      Wife's ears are effectively a spectrum analyzer, and if she says it sounds like shit, it really sounds crazy awesome
      great investment

I have 3 Stone Tone blocks and YOU can instantly hear & feel the difference.
      \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Stone Tone still has metal inserts in the block, so how much of the tone is really coming from the granite itself? I've read about the Stone Tone before and was thinking of trying one in my G&L Legacy, but I don't want to waste the money.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
          I'll agree to that subjectivity of "better ort not", whether all things are able to change the tone of an instrument is not that subjective
          I couldn't care less that an 87.3% Osmium/11.7% nickel/1%uranium leftwinded philipshead 2.1" screw (hex doesn't work) gives a 0.003dB increase in the 31Khz range
          when ears don't hear more than +/-20Khz, or that the human ear isn't even capable of detecting less than 1dB difference in volume

I wasn't trying to make that point at all.

You know that 5th coat of nitro changes everything if the solvent ratio is right, right?

Oh, all the more power to those that like to tinker with their toys, but in the least they could remain honest when a modification doesn't seem to have any effect
          like me rotating my JB in the bridge to temper the highs, if it did, certainly not enough to swap it later anyway
          I've come across this too much on bike forums already, people talking out of their butt-dyno "Totaly feeling the added powah" after swapping their valve covers from plastic to aluminum
          (ofcourse no print outs available,... figures)
          Hell, I myself wasn't that happy when my $50 airfilter had a more discernible (dynamometer measured) power gain than my $250 velocity stacks, but it was what it was
          Oh well, sometimes you just gotta realize a gimmick for what it is. Kinda like gun owners talking about which brand of JHP they use.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post

You know that 5th coat of nitro changes everything if the solvent ratio is right, right?

Damn! So that is what I've been doing wrong
            "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
              Damn! So that is what I've been doing wrong
              Too much solvent, it sounds tinny. Not enough, it sounds dead. Just right? That's the mojo everyone is searching for!
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Oh, I don't like tinny, I like things more woody
                "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Working...
                X