EVH D-Tuna tuning/setup woes. Damn thing is so finicky. :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adampone View Post
    a pitch shifter than only changes 1 string. sorta like the d-tuna?
    The great thing I can picture about Tone Vise is that it fits in the recessed Floyd cavity since the screw is short. The D-Tuna protrudes much further.

Those Tone Vise devices have a vague resemblance to Floyd Rose Hollow Points (https://floydrose.com/collections/up...nt=29837542610) but obviously serve a completely different function.

Hollow Points:

Tone Vise:

Comment

Hey everyone, Mark with Tone Vise here,
      Thanks for your interest in my products. If you have any questions please let me know. Just an FYI, there will be specific models of Pitch Shifters for each of the various versions of locking tremolos out there. The first to be released will be for the Original Floyd Rose available within two weeks if not sooner from Allparts. There will be a specific model for the Gotoh GE1996 and another just for the Original Edge. The ones for the Edge are in production now from the USA Custom Shop and will be out soon. All of them work the same way, no hex key needed to fine tune and as noted above, will fit within a recessed trem cavity.

Comment

Welcome Mark! Glad to have you here! I love competition and innovation in the guitar market. It's amazing to see people find solutions for various problems, and while the EVH D-Tuna works well and the protruding length didn't bother me, I can see why the length is sticking point that could be resolved.

Since you don't have an FAQ on your website, but I have a good working knowledge of fully-floating double-locking tremolos (ie - "Floyd style" bridges), I was curious to know if your devices would require at minimum a partial blocking/fixing of the Floyd. With the EVH D-Tuna, the minimum requirement is that the Floyd needs to be blocked to only allow downward travel ("dive only") for the D-Tuna to work properly. I assume Tone Vise would need the same provisions?

You listed all my favourite bridges in your post... OFR, GE1996T, and Edge. Is the Tone Vise a direct retrofit/swap with the standard locking screws on each respective bridge, with no additional modifications to the bridge as a whole?

What is the tuning range of each device? One whole step? Imagine fitting the devices to all six of your strings and easily achieving drop-D, DADGAD, E-flat standard, or D standard at the turn of a thumbscrew, all on one guitar, with no change in string tension.

What are the levers on the locking nuts shown in the photos on your website? I assume they allow unlocking of the pressure pads without needing a hex wrench?

Thank you and hope you become a regular participant on the forum!
        Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 07-13-2018, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Installed a D-Tuna on my Charvel Dweezil CS. Had one on my 650XL too. At best it is a convenient compromise. It always works best for me when it has just come back from guitar tech guy I prefer manually turning the tuners on my Model 7 which is my designated axe for drop D sets. If the singer calls an audible or encore in drop D and I have the Dweezil in hand, I can get by with the D-Tuna. BTW - I use hybrid gauge on the Dweezil to get a deeper tone and 10's on my Model 7.

Comment

Thank you, for the warm welcome Number Of The Priest,

There has been a tremendous interest in the Pitch Shifter from people with recessed trems' because doesn't extend past the trem cavity. So to answer your question, yes the trem needs to be stabilized, no way around the law of physics. But with a Tremol-No type setup you can still be able to pull up if you want and not damage the guitar.

Yes, all of my products are direct drop in retrofit, that include the Keyless Locking nut, Keyless Locks for the tremolo and the Pitch Shifter.

Comment

Video showing the Pitch Shifter in action https://www.facebook.com/tonevise/vi...5311635214185/

Last edited by Tone Vise; 07-13-2018, 08:25 PM.

Comment

New video showing how to install and setup a Pitch Shifter on a guitar with a recessed trem. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfXQvzBKWPU

Another new demo video showing how to install and use the Keyless Nut Locks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcZqIUqdJmw&t=
                Last edited by Tone Vise; 11-21-2018, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X