Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So did he fix the ungrounded outlets?

Comment

Axewielder, I have a spare ticket for Cannibal Corpse in Greensboro, NC for Sunday December 3rd @ Arizona Pete's free of charge if you'd like to go?
      \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
        So did he fix the ungrounded outlets?
        No, we did not. The ground cables/wires is cut "somewhere" and according to the electrician the wiring is old, and the sockets are really not good at all. I made a deal with him that i strip down all the wiring and the sockets when i renovate the basement next year, and call him to come back to make a new, proper circuit. Im using the one outlet that is properly grounded, the fridge has its own circuit and a spare socket, a bit of extension chord and the problem is solved.

Hope this makes sense, technical english is really not my strong suit

All the best.

Comment

Makes perfect sense. Glad you are getting this sorted out. Isn`t everything run on 220 lines in Europe? That can mess you up badly!!

Comment

Yes, everything is 230v. That in itself is not dangerous, but if me or one of my neighbours has a catastrofic ground-problem or i play during a thunderstorm and the lighnting strikes it can lead straight into my hands. It should not be dangerous as it is a fuse that would probably blow long before it hits my hands, but only a tiny amount of ampere would kill you in less than a second.
            Altough i wonder if i would finally get that damn van halen sound if the lightning hits me just right

All the best.

Comment

Working...
            X