No announcement yet.

Best Practice: HB w/ single coil option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The higher output a humbucker is, the closer it will sound to a single coil when split.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

You may want to consider a Seymour Duncan Triple Shot. I've installed it on 2 of my guitars and love the 4 options (series, parallel, north coil, south coil).
      "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPete View Post
        You may want to consider a Seymour Duncan Triple Shot. I've installed it on 2 of my guitars and love the 4 options (series, parallel, north coil, south coil).
        Can you describe the parallel sound (vs normal series humbucker?) I've heard that it's thin/weak and not that "usable"..

thanks

Comment

The parallel sound is cleaner than series, and overall output is just a bit less. You can think of it as a loud single coil pickup. From what I've read over the years, it also kind of depends on the pickup itself. For whatever (electrical?) reason, some humbuckers sound great in parallel, others not so much. Great thing about the Triple Shot is that you get all 4 wiring options - you don't have to use them all! Plus, since it's just a pickup ring to which the pickup is soldered, the entire thing can be easily undone and returned to stock. Hope that helps!
          "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

Working...
          X