Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SL2H neck feels sticky. 0000 Steel Wool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
    You need to wash this guitar's hands. It probably sweats more than your other guitars.

That may be. Seriously, I've always wondered why this one does it and none of the others do.
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Update: Well, I finally did it, and WOW! I seriously wish I had known about this YEARS ago! I started with the white SL2H, the one that felt the most clammy. Sure enough, it's now slicker than the DK2M which has an oiled neck. No kidding. Once I saw the effect of this, I went ahead and did the black SL2H. It wasn't as bad as the white one had been, but now it's also 100% better. And like you guys said, it doesn't change the color a bit; it just removes a bit of the shiny gloss look that very few people would ever even notice.

Live and learn. This little trick makes for an awesome feeling neck.
      Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

I remember reading about this years ago on here; some people would take Scotch Brite pads instead of steel wool and get the same results. Over time, the satin will probably get a little glossy from use, so you'll just have to eventually buff it back out again. It can always be buffed back to full shiny gloss without issue if you want to sell it or have the need for that original feel again.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
        X