No announcement yet.

First ever Jackson !! I have some hardware questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found Schaller makes what looks a lot like the Gotoh 381 locking tuners in black as well I might go with the Schallers as they are the same price. These stock ones are locking as well they lock at the top with a slot on the peg. I tell you though these things are not very good. When I turn them and they start to get tension near my eb tuning they really start creaking. It's loud plastic rubbing sound and then they get very sketchy. It's like a 1:4 ratio or something, I try to as ginger as possible to get it right on pitch and sometimes it will go other times it skips a couple gears it feels like and shoots sharp. So I then have to back off and try again. Did I mention these things creak? I want the locking style like I have on my LP with the thumb wheel on the backside for locking. A much better design in my opinion.

Comment

Well never mind everybody, sadly I am going to have to return the guitar. I pushed a bit on the neck and I heard a noise, well it ends up that it feels like a break or some glue let loose in the set thru neck somewhere. Nothing on the seam or joints is cracked but there is definite movement and noise when I put pressure on the neck holding the body. It feels as if I have a bolt on neck and the screws are ever so slightly loose. I am going to have to return it and sadly as much as I fell in love with the guitar I am going to pass on getting a replacement. I took a chance on unfamiliar territory and it bit me in the butt. I am afraid this just shows the type of quality of construction in Indonesia to me? Maybe if they make a Jackson USA model of this I will look again. Thank You all that helped me out.

Comment

That sucks, between that and the intonation it sounds like you got a lemon.

Comment

Working...
        X