Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your go to high output pickups??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D'Activators are ok. I like pickups with a little more natural scoop, but I liked the D'Activators I had. I'd just rather have a Super Distortion or a 85b. I liked the D'Activators about as much as the SH-5, with the edge going to the Seymour Duncan... Wow, can't believe I said that. :P

I think the Invader is awful. It's like a JB on steroids... with all the wonkiness.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I've got a set of D-Activators in an LTD 7-string, and I think they're pretty damn good, lots of output.
      I had Invaders in an old Jackson Kelly and really liked them, but they're pretty dark and bassy. I thought it was better than the JB.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah, they are darker than the JB and do have a bit more bass... but they have that same bumped up annoying midrange that I hate. Great for slow chuggy power metal... if you want to solo or play slow chord progressions they're not bad, but I'm more a tech death guy and those pickups just sound horrid for that.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Depends on the guitar. The Gibson 500T is my favourite in an all mahogany body. EMG 81 for Alder/Maple neck thru Floyded Jackson. Duncan Distortion in a bolt on Charvel Strat.

Comment

Working...
          X