Floyds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AAEA View Post
    I haven't put the gotoh on anything yet as they are pretty pricey. and I have a bucket with OFR sitting next to my bench.
    Really? They were selling for $20-$40 or maybe even a little less than an OFR when I picked up like 4 or 5 of them. I like everything about them better. The trem posts have a height adjustment set screw, the trem block has screws that clamp the springs on, the saddles are contoured so it feels much smoother on the palm. The only thing that bugs me is the fine tuners angle back which make setting intonation with a Floyd intonation tool a lot more difficult. Otherwise, I've replaced them on a number of guitars.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

lol I purchased my haul for about 90 bucks each in 1984, got about 100 of them at the time when I thought I might open a guitar brand. turns out your uncle sam would have tried to bankrupt me importing from Finland so it never happened. but I did move to USA and its been a thought.

Comment

"also, mounting studs with the collars/mount studs are crap too. they just completely soak up tone and then your guitar sounds like a cheap lifeless heap. wood screws deliver the energy right into the body. "

Mmmmmmmmkaaaaaaaay!!!!!
        www.vvforums.com

Comment

Originally posted by shramiac View Post
          "also, mounting studs with the collars/mount studs are crap too. they just completely soak up tone and then your guitar sounds like a cheap lifeless heap. wood screws deliver the energy right into the body. "

Mmmmmmmmkaaaaaaaay!!!!!
          My thoughts exactly! Wood screws suck and eventually get pulled forward in the wood and cause tuning problems.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
          X