Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what do you guys think is the fattest sounding neck humbucker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely give it a try. If you don't like it, with the quick-connect cables, they're real easy to swap back.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

If you haven't tried the 85 in the bridge, you may be in for a real treat. Or you may hate it.

The 85 is much more tonal and moody... the 85b in a mahogany guitar = pure mojo, IMO.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

its been a long time since I used one. but I remember the old Seymour Duncan pickups with out front logo kicked major but. I think Kramer used 59s in the neck or JBs. those were always really really good.

Comment

I've got a H-H set of BKP Warpigs in my Warlock and they are FAT

Comment

I tend to use an 81 at neck pos, too. It's too thin @ bridge for my liking. I prefer, like toejam, 85 @ bridge and 81 @ neck. At least if you wanna or have to use EMGs .

Comment

My 3 favorite neck pups are Dimarzio Paf Pro ( the bridge one DP151), Seymour Duncan 59 or Seymour Duncan Screamin' Demon. They're all full sounding and they all split well. In my opinion of course.
              I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Gibson 498R

Comment

Depends on what you mean by "fattest". Generally, I don't prefer high powered neck pickups. Just full sounding, warm tones. I actually prefer SCs in the neck, for clean tones. But as far as full sized humbuckers? I like both the 59 and Pearly Gates.

Comment

well I I decided I'd try the 59 first so Sunday I'll drop it in there and see how it sounds.
                    I like the Dimarzio Air Norton and Liquifire too, so I may try one of those if I'm not happy with the 59.
                    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Try a Dimarzio Fred, got an RG550 with one already in it and I had to pull it apart so I could find out what it was. Very fluid, surprised the hell out of me
                      It's pronounced soops

Comment

Working...
                      X