No announcement yet.

Floyd Block Physics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will add there's a distinct tonal difference between a Takeuchi JT580LP and a non-Takeuchi version. I've experienced this personally with various guitars over the years, but could never put my finger on it. All things otherwise being equal, putting the Takeuchi on the other guitar yielded the "Takeuchi tone". It was then that I actually noticed the block had a Takeuchi logo. It was a direct replacement for the other block, so I swapped the blocks around, but lost the "Takeuchi tone". Then I swapped the Takeuchi saddles to the other baseplate along with the block. Still no "Takeuchi tone". The other saddles and block on the Takeuchi baseplate also did not yield the "Takeuchi tone", though it was somewhat in-between. Only with a full Takeuchi assembly was everything "right" to my ears.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Just wonderig, do you realy like that takeuchi tone! I have one takeuchi JT-580lp with the trem bar screwed directly into the block/// Its tone is ok for me but recon it can be better.... Ears and perception are so different)))

Comment

I'm thinking the stone block would enhance the blues rock chatter.
        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
          I'm thinking the stone block would enhance the blues rock chatter.

Comment

Working...
          X