Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregocide View Post
    Pollish* not polish lol
    No, you had it right; it's polish. No such thing as pollish.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson8090s View Post
      No, because you'd be over doing it... just a dry clean microfiber and string cleaner. Make sure you're washing drying your hands before playing. If you sweat badly make sure you're wiping it down and cleaning the strings.
      The Fender treated cloth is a caranuba based product. It's perfectly safe to wipe down a fretboard with. It's great for conditioning natural wood finishes, it's great for paint.

Like I said, I wouldn't use it specifically for cleaning gunk, but there isn't any issue with using it to wipe down strings or a fretboard.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

If you want wax on your strings and fretboard go ahead, who am I to say other wise.
        \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

If you want wax on your strings and fretboard go ahead, who am I to say other wise.
          /facepalm

Putting caranuba on strings isn't an issue. In fact, it will help preserve string life. There is no residual buildup with caranuba based waxes, you're not using enough of it for that to happen... it's not like you're melting candle wax on it or anything.
          Last edited by xenophobe; 09-13-2015, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
              /facepalm

Putting caranuba on strings isn't an issue. In fact, it will help preserve string life. There is no residual buildup with caranuba based waxes, you're not using enough of it for that to happen... it's not like you're melting candle wax on it or anything.

I know how wax works man... you're saying wax repels therefore preserving string life, however you'll still feel that lite waxy residue on your strings/ fingers/hand. I wasn't in disagreement with what you said.
              \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

I know how wax works man... you're saying wax repels therefore preserving string life, however you'll still feel that lite waxy residue on your strings/ fingers/hand. I wasn't in disagreement with what you said.
                We're talking specifically about Fender Cleaning Solution which is preapplied on a wipe... it's a liquid, not a paste, and if you're using enough to build anything up, you're applying it wrong.

Also, it's completely safe. Lemon oil is potentially more dangerous to a guitar.

Comment

We're talking specifically about Fender Cleaning Solution which is preapplied on a wipe... it's a liquid, not a paste, and if you're using enough to build anything up, you're applying it wrong.

Also, it's completely safe.
                  Cool

Lemon oil is potentially more dangerous to a guitar.
                  :roft:
                  \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

:roft:
                    You haven't heard the anti lemon oil rhetoric? lol

Comment

You haven't heard the anti lemon oil rhetoric? lol
                      I've seen it here and there, I mostly ignore it and just go about my business reading. Ummm, loosens frets, fretboard separation, cracking, are some of the things people have said in forums, but it's internet fluff. I've been using it for 20+ yrs without issues. When I read that, my mind goes straight to, how was the instrument cared for? was it stored properly? or left in a non-climate controlled storage unit or garage in the loft. What other chemicals have they applied to it? I just tell it from my experience with truth and set my bias aside when asked.
                      Last edited by Jackson8090s; 09-15-2015, 02:22 PM.
                      \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Working...
                      X